Several district-wide behavior specialists support school-based teams by referral to establish the behavioral supports necessary for all students in a school to achieve social, emotional, and academic success. This work is accomplished through staff training and implementing effective interventions for those students with comprehensive behavioral and/or emotional needs.
Areas of Staff Training and Support
- Consistent use of research-based behavioral interventions among all staff at the school, classroom, and individual levels
- Effective use of data collection for decision making regarding behavioral strategies
- Proactive strategies to affect behavior change while at the same time minimizing the use of reactive disciplinary measures across all students
- Appropriately utilizing the Functional Behavior Assessment in determining the Behavior Intervention Plan for an individual with significant and chronic behavioral concerns
- School-wide behavioral supports and strategies in the common areas of school buildings
- Supporting the capacity of the regular education setting to successfully educate all students and to prevent social/behavioral failings
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training focused on preventing crisis and providing a safe and secure teaching environment for all students and staff
The following are links to resources for parents who may be seeking advice or support for their child with exceptionalities.